- Scheduled charters by Federal Air to Rockfig Safari Lodge’s airstrip, five minutes from the lodge
- Multiple daily flights between Johannesburg and Hoedspruit Airport Daily direct flight from Cape Town to Hoedspruit Airport
Driving (Approximately 5.5 Hours)
- Proceed on the N12 East (Johannesburg) or N4 East (Pretoria) in the direction of Witbank/Emalaheni.
- Continue towards Belfast/eMakhazeni on the N4.
- At the Belfast/eMakhazeni sign, turn left leaving the N4 and pass through the town.
- At the 2nd traffic light, turn right on the R540 and proceed towards Dullstroom, 36km away.
- Pass through Dullstroom towards Lydenburg/Mashishing, 57km further on.
- At Lydenburg/Mashishing, the R540 becomes the R36. Continue on the R36 for 52km towards Orighstad.
- Pass through Orighstad on the R36 and continue towards the Abel Erasmus Pass.
- Proceed through the JG Strydom tunnel towards Hoedspruit.
- Pass through Hoedspruit. At the 4th stop, turn right on the R40 towards Klaserie. Follow this road for 7–8km and turn left onto the Eastgate Airport/Timbavati Road.
- Continue for 500m to an access-control gate (no charge).
- Continue for 18km to the Timbavati/Klaserie Control Gate (entrance fee per vehicle is charged here).
- Travel along a tar (sand sealed) road for 13.5km.
- Turn right at the signpost that reads ‘Tanda Tula Bush Camp, Umlani Bush Camp, RockFig Safari Lodge’.
- After 30m follow the RockFig Safari Lodge signs for about 800m until you reach camp.
- DMS: 24°18’ 22.8” S 31°17’ 18.0” E
- DDM: 24° 18.38′ S 31° 17.30′ E
- DD: -24.306333, 31.288333